New Orleans, Louisiana
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake—whether at the local, regional, or watershed level— thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities’ unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We’re a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that’s critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
Your role will be to provide senior coordination of construction activities and contract administration in a fast-paced professional, design and delivery environment.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Providing construction management leadership on the Sewer System Evaluation and Rehabilitation Program, verifying that schedules, standards and protocols are followed
- Performing constructability design review, and specification and plan development
- Communication skills and the ability to work with the client, other stakeholder agencies, permitting agencies and the contractor
- Answer RFIs, write field orders and negotiate changes orders
- Prepare independent cost reasonableness estimates
- Schedule inspectors based on project requirements from contractor’s schedules
YOUR CAPABILITIES AND CREDENTIALS:
- Ability to read, understand and interpret engineering contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule
- Thorough knowledge of construction management, practices and methods, costs, scheduling, estimating, purchasing, and engineering principles and techniques
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- MS Office Suite skills are required
- Primavera skills are desirable
- Prior to employment, this position will require the successful passing of a pre-employment physical and drug screen
- Valid driver's license is required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in civil or Environmental Engineering from an ABET-accredited university
- 15 years of water/wastewater construction management experience is required
Position will work in office and field setting. Visits construction sites and works in outside weather conditions.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.